Friday 26 October 2012

Learning from each other

I just wanted to share some of the great things that came out of my "Cards and More" Stampin' Up! class from yesterday. All my classes are small so that everyone gets the advice and support that they as individuals need and one consequence of this is that it works a bit like a nice dinner party (Hmmm I like the way that sounds) where one conversation can include everyone. So we were using the gorgeous textured impressions holiday frame ( see it on page 7 in the Autumn catalogue)and just a little gleam provided by the .I had inked the edge of my base card with Crumb cake - my current favourite - but one of my adventurous ladies decided she wanted to see what the textures would look like with crumb cake ink as well as gleam on the textured whisper white cardstock. The result was a bit dirty looking so rather than throw it away she added some cherry cobbler on top and the result was stunning - a kind of burnished old gold on the accents! So out of a potential oops moment came a lovely look. Another lady then treated her textured frame in the same way but using gumball green instead of cherry cobler and the result was equally stunning - a very chic look which was rich rather than brazen. So thanks ladies for giving it a go and inventing two new looks from my existing stock of inks. Stampin' Up! has a statement of the heart and I know that with this class it is true - "To love what we do, and to share what we love, as we help others to enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments - in this we make a difference". I'm now heading off to the studio to recreate these two effects and take a photograph which I can post to show you (although I know that gleams and sparkles are very difficult to photograph!) Happy crafting everyone and take a hint from these ladies that all oopsies! have the potential to be wonderful with a bit of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment