Thursday 18 October 2012

Welcome to Beyond the Greenhouse

Welcome!
 My new blog, which lovely Elaina has helped me to build, takes you to the world beyond the greenhouse - namely my crafting studio!
I am the luckiest person to have a dedicated craft space with all my gorgeous stash of Stampin' Up! papers, stamps, inks and punches ready to hand. With the radio and heater on I am lost in creativity all morning only surfacing for lunch or to walk dogs.
Elaina and I were discussing our favourite Stampin' Up! products and I thought it might be fun to take one tool or consumable product every so often and explore what it can do.
I'm going to start with the modest bone folder. A simple yet totally effective tool that means your creases are firm, crisp and un wrinkled every time. No more sore fingernails, no scuff marks on your card creases or bestof all no more wonky folds (grrr dont you hate that!). Once you have used a bone folder you will never go back. You can also use it with your Simply Scored board for precise scoring and folding - for example to make the pretty rosettes that are showcased on the Autumn catalogue front cover. I advise anyone new to papercrafting to use a good quality bone folder. What about putting one in the Christmas stocking of the papercrafters that you know?

1 comment:

  1. On Friday the 31st of May we will be running an introduction to computerised greenhouse climate management course which will enable participants to see first hand how these systems operate. see greenhouses here

    ReplyDelete