Monday 11 February 2013

Love is in the air...

And dont we need a little love right now??!!
February doesnt inspire me to do very much at all outside with squelchy mud, drippy bare branches and overflowing ditches everywhere. So its a good job that St Valentines day is plonk in the middle of the month to give us something to celebrate. A bit of romantic nonsense does us all good from time to time and for creative papercrafters its just the ticket to get a really really special one of a kind card made.
Here in 'Beyond the Greenhouse' land (currently blanketed in snow by the way) I am running a couple of Open House drop in sessions on Monday 11th February and again on Wednesday 13th from 10.00 til 2.00 so you can paly with different stamps and embellishments and make a super unique card for your darling. (Give me a ring for directions if you have not been here before) £2.50 per card.

To give some starting points for your creativity how do you like these designs?

The first two are in my current favourite colour palette of sahara Sand, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake. Romantic but not too feminine (I dont think my man would really appreciate too much pink!)
Arnt the stamped then dies cut hearts nice? They are from the Hearts A Flutter bundle from the Stampin' Up! Spring Catalogue.

This one is in the same colour family but a bit more layered and blinged. Again I have made good use of the Hearts A Flutter stamps and dies. I spritzed in Smooch Spritz vanilla shimmer the sentiment and the wings (from Amore) with to make them gleam and added the gorgeous pearls for balance. Not a hint darling really but pearl earrings are very acceptable as a gift!!

This is a little chalkboard that I made using the frame from Papaya Collage and simply cutting a black insert before stamping it with Craft White. I made a little stand at the back so it stands like a little easel.
And finally here is a lovely simple card which uses my next favourite colour - Pool Party. I used a piece of the Sycamore Street DSP ( which I got FREE when I placed my last order because we are still in the Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration) and its lovely. The inks I used were Sahara Sand and Summer Starfruit. Doesnt the ruffled ribbon in Pool Party look beautiful - its really classy! Just like me!!

Please send me a picture of your Valentines creations!

Have a great day on Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment