Saturday 2 February 2013

The Open Sea

Sometimes its really difficult to make a card for a man! So I was really pleased with the effect I was able to achieve using this lovely stamp set "The Open Sea".
I stamped the background - a kind of script that looks like the manifest or log from a boat in Marina Mist on Pool Party card. I also inked the edges. I inked up the edges of a piece of Sahara Sand card with Crumb Cake ink using those little sponges to get a very soft aged look (I did the same with the two cut outs in Very Vanilla and the base card also in VV). Anyhow - I wanted it to look as though it had been round the world a few times so I added the "splodges" from the French Foliage stampset and love, love, love the effect. The world and sentiment were also stamped with Crumb Cake, the envelope was stamped with the sailing boat on the front and generously inked. A couple of dimensionals and three toning brads completed the balance of the card.
 
 
I am sending this card to my big brother who has had some health issues recently and has been using his time to gain extra skills in yacht mastering. I found a wonderful book for him on the history of sea charts so just had to make a matching card to send him best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Do you ever make very specicific cards for special people? Cards that you could never ever find in the shops? I would love to see your creations. Do send me pictures!


1 comment:

  1. Love your card, and matching envelope! Very creative, and unique! Thanks for sharing.
    Magda
    x

    ReplyDelete