Thursday 31 January 2013

Card Organiser



If there is one thing that a card crafter should make its a card organiser! I routinely make two of every card I create - one to use and one to keep for future reference. Not that I like mass production - quite the opposite - churning out a production line gives me no pleasure at all - in fact I dont do it! ( Even at Christmas two or three of the same design is my limit. I ring the changes with different papers, colours, punches and stamps)




 The card organiser is a way to stay ahead of the game - its a birthday/anniversary book and filing system combined.
I'm not going to write out all the instructions here - its a 4 hour project- but I will explain the pictures. Drop me an email if you need more detail or would like a pack so you can make your own.

It uses 6 sheets of Designer Series paper - in the example here I mix and matched with colours that toned well with the Pool Party covers and the Rich Razzleberry accents.

The cover is decorated with the owners initials - in this case my darling daughter-in-law Ruth - double or shadow mounted in Pool Part and Summer Starfruit. These are then set on two labels framelets.

Each month has its own page with a perpetual calendar to write the birthday names on. We overstamped them in our all time favourite Crumb Cake - each month getting an appropriate image. October got Feathers as you can see here.








I love to teach a new technique at each of my classes and we played with Rock n Roll inking on the tag. The flowers from the Sale-A-Bration stampset are perfect for this - we used Raspberry Ripple and Midnight muse. 

And you can keep on adding bits to the spine to your hearts content. We added ribbon, beads and tags.


 I bound it all together using a Zutter Bind It All machine but book rings would work equally well.


If you make one please send me pictures! I love to be inspired by your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment