Thursday 3 January 2013

Jollying Up January

Wasn't Janus the Roman god of doorways? Two faces - one looking back and the other forward - to keep eyes on the past and the future.

 So January is a great month for sorting out and making plans in life generally but more specifically here in Beyond the Greenhouse land for getting to grips with your crafting stash.
Now dont tell me that you dont have a stash! A collection of papers, cardstock, ribbon or what ever that is waiting patiently for you to get creative. Well January is a great time to look through your beautiful things and bin anything that is crumpled, dirty or just plain not to your liking. Then we can get down to making lovely things and having a good time.

I dont really do New Years Resolutions as such but I think that I can get creative in January - and therefore get Jolly - by using a different Stampin' Up! stampset each week and really explore what the set will do. I will post a picture every day (gosh thats a big ask ... forgive me if I slip a bit) and you can see how creative I can be. I need to make Thank You cards and New Years cards (for the people who I missed with Christmas Cards - sorry ) so that will be my theme for this week. I am planning to really push the creativity by using a new stampset called Nature Walk.

 
It doesnt scream Thank You or Happy New Year and is a very versatile stampset that coordinates well with Fine Feathers (which I might just sneak in as well!) Isnt it beautiful? I hope it will make the recipients think of Spring and new birth and the longer days ahead.

 Janus looking forward you see!

So off to the studio (nodding to Janus on the way out of the door) and see what I can create and I'll show you tomorrow!

1 comment: