Tuesday 8 January 2013

Getting a bit sidetracked

 




Well I should have known that to boldly say (= blog) that I was going to post a picture every day with the stampset of the week was setting myself up for trouble! So many things have cropped up to divert me, sway me off course or just plain use up my time that I have hardly had a moment in my haven of creativity beyond the greenhouse.
Let me tell you about mud. Actually I am thinking that a great PhD thesis title would be "Mud and its influence on the life of country folk". You can do the math - two dogs, 4 hens, me, two walks a day (actually the hens dont come on the walk but they do run around their area) - so thats 36 foot falls a day in and out of the house/garden. The dogs get hosed off and my wellies stay in the utility room but even so this sticky claggy mud just migrates ..... I think I might be in danger of actually wearing my kitchen floor away with so much washing and steam mopping!

So basically I am blaming mud for not making cards and so having no pictures to post.

Until today!

Ta dah!!!

 
I'm not totally pleased with this Happy New Year card - I was searching around for something to balance out the space between the ribbon (which I did like) and the stamped bird. What do you think?
 
 If I'd have thought of it I would have put a row of 3 brads or a button and 2 brads - some rounded elements anyway - to reflect the eggs along the bottom. I used Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand ink and Crumb Cake. I added a touch of colour with blendable pencils and random stamped the green base card with the Lily of the Valley stamp from the Natures Walk set. Edges throughout are sponged with Crumb Cake and I added a bit of texture to the Very Vanilla by sponging it here and there. If I had thought of it (doh! again!) before I had stamped and added the ribbon I could have spritzed it with sahara Sand for a more dramatic effect. Thats actually one of the great things about papercrafting that you can keep evolving a design. Perhaps I will regret saying this but I will have another go tomorrow and post a picture of that so we can compare.
 
I need to head back out to my cosy studio now and get cracking with swaps for Monicas training on Saturday. I want to show the lovely stamps and papers that are part of the saleabration promotion from Stampin Up! this month. You can choose one free - yes FREE- product when you spend £45 on regular Stampin Up products. Spend £90 and get two choices etc. And dont forget if you are feeling like" New Year, New Me!" why not become a hobby demonstrator - that is spend £90 on a whole kit of lovely Stampin Up products worth over £130 - and either just use your demonstratorship (is that actually a word or did I just make it up?) to buy goodies for yourself at a great 20% discount or start a nice little business demonstrating, running classes and selling in a way that suits you.
The Butterfly Belles would love to have you join us so give me a ring or drop me an email and we can have a chat about whats involved.

2 comments:

  1. booh can't see your card :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooh don't know what happened there! I will re post picture today along with today's offering. All this technology is getting to me - took pic on phone then emailed it to pc from where I cut n pasted into blog - clearly not the way to go about things!!
      " Megs Mum must try harder" - sounds like lines from school days! Lol
      X
      MM

      Delete