Wednesday 14 November 2012

I'm an Artist

Don't rattle my cage today because I'm in a very feisty mood! I'm fed up with apologising for 'just being a paper crafter' or hearing myself trying to explain scrapbooking and making it sound like something a Jane Austin girl would do to pass the days before a husband came along. No more! I am re-badging myself as 'An Artist' whose medium is mainly paper based. OK as a Stampin Up demonstrator we design projects that will work nicely in class for people who need quite a bit of guidance because they are just starting out but that doesn't make us less artistic - in fact more because we are looking at the potential of the gorgeous products and pushing them to the max. Just yesterday I saw an idea for using the word window punch to make a great finger tab. And I don't want to drown my femininity in order to give some gravitas to my artistic/ crafter title. I'm not usually a frothy type but if I want to wear flounces and frills, big jewellery and great make up - I jolly well will. If I prefer to use words like gorgeous, beautiful and yummy then I will continue to do so when describing cards, boxes and albums. So if you feel like I do then please don't be an apologist for your love of making beautiful things and sharing your creations. Phewee - I feel so much better for saying that! I'm off to the USA tomorrow for two weeks and as part of that I am participating in a Sketchbook and Journalling event in Michigan with my daughter. It will be very stimulating and I hope to incorporate some of the designs in a scrapbooking page when I get home. I will post pictures so you can see how it turns out. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that, I LOVE this post honey and enjoy the big US of A. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you should link to the sketchbook projects website so everyone can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you give me details of the project/ website. We are going to be in Detroit.

    ReplyDelete