Friday 30 November 2012

Introducing The Butterfly Belles

I was thrilled to add a new member to my Stampin' Up! team this week. Welcome Michelle.

The only thing was that we now needed a team name and its pretty difficult to find a good name that has not already been taken. I love names like The Paper Dolls, The Tartan Stampers and of course Monicas Passionettes. I also wanted to create a name that went with our personalities and linked with this blog name. It was fitting that Michelle came up with Butterfly Belles and Karen rapidly approved. So thats what we are: The Butterfly Belles.

 In honour of our new name I made this tag from a few bits and bobs that I had lying on my crafting table - it is sometimes good to be a bit messy!




 


The embossed section and the two butterflys were made using a scrap of experimentally embossed, inked and spritzed whisper white card. I used the butterfly punch (surely going to be one of my favourites now) and the jewelery punch to make the hanger. That word window punch is so useful - it may look a bit dull in the catalogue but once you own it you will wonder how you managed without it.  Lace scraps, pearls, ribbon along with stamped crowns and the sentiment complete the look.

I was pretty pleased - what do you think?

I would love to see your favourite tag designs. Post some pictures! Have alook on the gallery page to see some more tags that I have been making.

Here is a Victorian Scrapbook image of a beautiful butterfly. Look at the superb quality of the multi colour printing.

 

1 comment: